British and American children remember the three R’s*: reduce, reuse, recycle.
What do they reduce? reuse? recycle? Why? (AB ex. 2)
Alt* is a funny American cartoon character.
1) Are his pieces of advice funny? Fill in the gaps with the words from the box in the correct form.
• bin • damage • destroy • disturb • environment • glass • instead of • pollute • protect • recycle • reduce • reuse • spoil • throw • wildlife
• Protect nature. Take care of the environment.
• Always put garbage in a garbage because garbage bin the countryside.
• Recycle newspapers, glass and plastic bottles, and metal cans. Recycling helps to reduce pollution.
• Don’t throw away things if you can reuse them.
• Don’t pollute water. Don’t throw garbage into the pond.
• Never draw or paint on trees. It will damage them.
• Plant flowers instead of picking them.
• Don’t disturb animals. Don’t destroy their homes. Create new places for wildlife.
2) What does Alf want you to do or not to do?
Alf wants us to protect nature
People in the UK are recycling three times more liner than they were 10 years ago.
1) What do they recycle? (listening for specific information/taking notes)
2) What do you, your family reduce, reuse and recycle? Why?
3) In our family we recycle paper. It helps to reduce deforestation.
We also reuse plastic bags. It helps not to damage the nature.
We reduce using electricity.
People in the UK are recycling three times more litter than they were 10 years ago, but they could recycle three times more.
A lot of British people say they voluntarily recycle newspapers, glass, cans and plastic bottles.
Usually British families have one bin for paper and card, one for glass, and another one for plastic.
Some people recycle nearly everything (egg shells, tea bags).
British people also recycle old clothes. They put them into charity bags or take them to charity shops.
People should understand that other people can reuse clothes, books, CDs and many other things.
Are you, your relatives and your friends eco-friendly? What do you do to take care of the Earth?
In our family we care about the environment.
Actually, I really don’t do enough to protect nature.
All about me. My family is eco-friendly. (AB No. 6) Reader ex. 1.