1 Role play. You have come back home from Britain. In the English lesson you are telling your classmate about the city you visited.
Read Learning to learn note No. 9.
Pupil card 1
Tell your classmate about your trip to a British city.
You begin the conversation.
tell your classmate about the history of the British city;
tell your classmate about the sights of the city;
answer your classmate’s questions.
Pupil card 2
Ask your friend about the trip to a British city.
Listen to your friend.
ask your friend about the history and the sights of the city.
2. Oral report. Your foreign friend wants to know more about your hometown. Tell him/her about it.
Remember to speak:
about its history;
about the most interesting sights;
about the people who built and decorated your town;
about the buildings that will be built.
You have to talk for one minute. The teacher will listen to you until you have finished. Then he/she will ask you some questions.
Answer the questions.
1) Which words can you guess the meaning of?
2) Which words do you use to describe the sights of your hometown/your country?
3) Which words do you use to speak about your hometown or some other cities in your country?
4) How many new words from Unit 9 do you know?
Read Learning to learn note No. 8.