Children admire different kinds of people.
1) What kinds of people do David and Jane like?
David: I like people whose actions are brave . For example Robin Hood,* he was a real hero.
Jane: Neil Armstrong* was a brave astronaut whose courage is an example. He was the first man to walk on the Moon in 1969.
2) What structures did the children use to describe the people they like? Read the rule and check. Read Learning to learn note No. 1.
3) Here are sone other examples.
What are these people known for? Match the two parts and make up one sentence.
Amelia Earhart was an American pilot whose ambition was to fly around the world.
1) Amelia Earhart was an American pilot.
2) Steven Spielberg is an American film maker.
3) Mary Shelley is a British writer.
4) Kate Winslet is a British actress.
5) Charles Darwin was a famous scientist.
6) Paul McCartney is a popular singer and musician.
7) Charles Dickens* is a great British writer.
8) The Wright brothers were famous American inventors.
a) His songs are loved very much.
b) Her role in Titanic made her popular.
c) Their plane was the first one to fly.
d) His works changed the life sciences.*
e) Her novel Frankenstein is known all over the world.
f) His films are exciting to watch.
g) Her ambition was to fly around the world.
h) His books are read all over the world.