75. Read and say the following telephone numbers.
76. Write down the telephone numbers used in Russia. Use the Internet.
77. Work in groups. Find out and write down your classmates’ telephone numbers.
78. Read the text and answer the question: Why did the British protest against new telephone boxes?
79 Listen to two telephone conversations and answer the questions.
1. Who wanted to speak to Jim?
2. What message was left?
3. What’s Pamela’s telephone number?
4. Was Pamela at home?
5. Where did Alice invite Pamela?
80 Read the jumbled up telephone conversation. Put it in the correct order. Act it out.
Christie: Hello! It’s Christie. Can I speak to Oliver, please?
Mr Preston: Hello, Christie! I’m afraid Oliver isn’t here at the moment.
Christie: Can you tell him Christie called?
Mr Preston: OK, Christie, I’ll give him the message.
Christie: Could you ask him to call me back, please?
Mr Preston: Certainly, Christie.
Christie: Thank you. Bye.
Mr Preston: Bye!
81 Have you got a telephone? Do you like talking on the phone? What do you talk with your friends, parents about on the phone?
82. Say what you think are the advantages and disadvantages of talking on the phone.